Another page of history,
You sell yourself on hopes and dreams
That leaves you feeling sideways.
Tripping over my own feet,
Trying to walk to my own beat,
Another car out on the street trying to find the Highway
Yeah, Are you going my way?
This is the story of my life
And I write it everyday.
I know it isn’t black and white
And it’s anything but grey.
I know that no I’m not alright, but I feel ok cause
Anything can, everything can happen
That’s the story of my life
(by Erin Giles)
|1. My journal title is Read Between the Lines because sometimes it is the things left unsaid that matter more.|
2. Before my psuedo name became Erin Giles it used to be Akilah Doyle. I changed it because I used to get people e-mailing me and asking me which part of India I was from. Bizzare but true.
3. No matter how many times I watch Braveheart I will always cry when William Wallace shouts Freedom at the end of the film, and just when I'm getting over that bit, the final quote makes me sob. What can I say, I'm a patriot. "In the Year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland - starving and outnumbered - charged the fields of Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets; they fought like Scotsmen, and won their freedom."
4. I am completely and utterly addicted to tea. My philosophy on life being that tea solves all life's problems.
5. I am convinced that the world will end on a Wednesday and have been since I was in school. I have also recently decided that the cause of the end of the world will be all the people with the surname Jones as I live in Wales and there are no other surnames here.
6. It is a proven fact that if I am ill at a convention the only way to get me through the whole weekend without keeling over is to get Kai Owen to hug me repeatedly. Of course it is also a proven fact that Kai Owen will hug me when he sees me whether I'm ill or not (and this makes me unbearably smug).
7. I wear slash goggles; deal with it! And no I will not be removing them anytime soon no matter which fandom I am in.
8. I will never tire of telling the story about when I ran into Billy Boyd in a bar and didn't realise who he was until ten minutes after I'd flirted shamelessly with him.
9. Likewise, I will never tire of the story when I met both John Barrowman and Gareth David-Lloyd and had no clue who they were but remember thinking, "He's funny and cute!" on both counts, because I will always be kicking myself for those missed opportunities to fangirl.
10. I am a theatre whore. I work in a theatre. I write for the theatre. I volunteer at a theatre backstage. I go to the theatre even if I can't afford it. If asked, I would move into a theatre. I could build myself a little house from the props backstage.
11. If any of the main characters die in a TV show I like it is know as a Joss. Why? Because Joss is God! (and he kills EVERYONE!)
12. By the time I'm thirty (seven years from now) I plan to have visited every country in Europe, so far I've lived in Scotland, England, Wales and the USA (yes I know that's not in Europe), and have visited France, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Belgium, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Ireland, Greece, Italy & Malta. (I think I need to get travelling more)
13. I once stuck a banana sticker in my ear just to see if it would fit.
14. I did an Electronic Engineering Degree for a year before I changed to English Lit and Creative Writing. What the hell was I thinking?!
15. I am obsessed with musicals and it's all John Barrowman's fault!
16. I (not so) secretly think that my mother had an affair with Anthony Stewart Head when she was younger and he's actually my real Dad. (I've been told we're the spitting image of each other)
17. I post books I've read to friends who I think will like them because I feel sad if the book isn't read by more than one person. I am a MASSIVE lit!geek.
18. I can't watch films or read books and take them at face value. I ALWAYS have to over-analyse them.
19. 'When I am an old woman I shall wear purple with a red hat that doesn't go and doesn't suit me,' Jenny Joesph's Warning is one of my great aims in life.
20. I know more Welsh than I do Gaelic, which is slightly wrong considering I'm from Scotland and have only been living in Wales for just over three years.
Layout profile code thanks to ReversesCollide